ECI Development, Ltd. (“ECI,” “we” or “us”) is a real estate development company working in Central and Latin America for over 20 years, creating people-centered, vibrant communities by creating a range of investment properties for those searching for second homes, condos or retirement property in Latin America. ECI owns and operates several websites (e.g. ecidevelopment.com, granpacifica.com, grandbaymen.com), individually, “Website” and collectively, the “Websites.”
Who are we?
COMPANY NAME: ECI Development, Ltd.
Our Website address is: http://ecidevelopment.com
Our phone number is: +1-800-290-3028
Our mailing address is: Caye Financial Centre, 1st Floor, San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Central America
What personal data do we collect?
Information You Provide to Us
ECI may collect, use, and store any Personal Information that you choose to send to us or provide to us if you:
- have any direct interaction with our Websites, including downloading materials from our pages, filling an online form, requesting a demo, or contacting us through the Websites,
- register for or attend any of our events (e.g. Discovery Tours and Trade Missions), webinars, or the conferences we attend (collectively “Events”), and
- if you use any of our products or services (collectively the “Services”) in any manner,
- if you leave comments on our blogs. We will collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Why do we collect personal data?
- To personalize your experience as a User and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product you prefer or are most interested in,
- If you subscribe to one of our newsletters, which requires us to create a new user for you, including your name and email address,
- If you decide to purchase one of our products, for which you will likely provide postal addresses, phone numbers, job titles, transactional information, as well as any other contact or other information that may facilitate transactions,
- We will use your email address or phone number to contact you about order statuses or questions about our products/services that you contacted us about.
How do we use the Information?
ecidevelopment.com may use the Information we collect via our Websites:
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting.
- To improve customer service and allow us to respond to your requests more efficiently and effectively.
- To personalize your User experience.
- To understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Website, ensuring that its contents are presented most effectively for you and your devices.
- To monitor and improve our marketing and advertising efforts.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails for purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – (e.g. to fulfill your request for a downloadable file, to provide you with access to one of our webinars, or to provide you with information you have requested about our Services; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website secure.
Information collected through our Services:
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices.
- Respond to your inquiries and comments and provide customer service and support.
- Send customers technical alerts, updates, and administrative communications.
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities; and
- For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and other requests. If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us through the Website. Personal Information will be deleted based on your rights. You can exercise your rights regarding your Personal Information by filling out this Web Form.
With whom we share your Personal Information?
ECI may share and disclose Information (including Personal Information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
- Service providers:
We may share your information with third-party service providers who we may employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include (for example) our payment processing providers, website analytics companies (e.g., Google Analytics), and CRM service providers (e.g., HubSpot).
- Event Sponsors:
When you attend an event or webinar organized by ECI Development, we ask your preferences for sharing your contact details with the event sponsor. Based on your choice, we may share your contact details (such as your name, email address, company name, and phone number only) with the event sponsor. If you’d like to opt-out of sharing your details with sponsors, you can always do so either at the time of registration or by submitting a request.
- Business Transfers:
If we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- ECI Development Subsidiary Companies:
- Sub Developers on ECI Properties:
To encourage faster development of our land assets and increase our real estate offerings, ECI Development may finance the construction of infrastructure through third-party sub developers. In such cases, ECI may contact you through our marketing emails to promote these joint efforts.
- Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement:
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as necessary to comply with the law or court order, or protect the rights, property, or safety of ECI Development, our employees, our users, or others. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Payment Gateways:
To process orders successfully, we will share data with the payment provider to process the payment.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, both the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. The objective is to recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We will hold your Personal Information on our systems as long as is necessary for any relevant activity, or as is specified in agreements between you and ECI. If you want to exercise your right to the erasure of your Personal Information, you may contact us through our Website.
Specific website elements to consider
ECI may collect Information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our Websites through our contact forms. You may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. This information is stored for customer service and marketing purposes.
ECI does not have third party ads or Google Adsense on any of its websites.
If you leave a comment on our Site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and Website in cookies. Cookies are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again whenever you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. links, videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other Website.
ECI, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (like Google Analytics cookies), third-party cookies (such as DoubleClick cookies), or other third-party identifiers together. The goal is to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
Your rights over your data
You have the legal right to a copy of the information which we hold about you, including information on how ECI will use is, and to ensure this information is accurate. Moreover, you have the right to rectify any missing or inaccurate data we may have about you.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. In essence, you can exercise this right by checking individual boxes on the email subscription link that we provide on each of our email communications or at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided to our Website, or by any other means electronic or otherwise.
We will ensure that your data within ECI Development, Ltd. is suitably protected against both unauthorized physical and electronic access. These measures include:
- Virus scanning, installation of security patches, backup and recovery planning
- Commercially reasonable steps to ensure employees and those acting on our behalf maintain the confidentiality of personal data
- Provide written responses to all reasonable requests for Information made by customers
- Provide notice to customers regarding personal data breaches
- Other steps continuously designed to improve data protection posture.
However, we cannot guarantee that information during transmission through the internet, or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorized intrusion, access or manipulation. We will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors or illegal acts of third parties. In any event, where we believe personal data has been compromised, we will notify you of this.
INDUSTRY REGULATORY DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (‘CCPA’), California residents have certain rights regarding the Personal Information that businesses have about them.
- What personal data do we collect?
- Why do we collect personal data?
- How do we use the Information?
- With whom we share your Personal Information?
Under the CCPA, ECI Development ensures that you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed: You can ask about personal data, how we use it, and why we use it at any time.
- Right of access: You can request access to any stored Personal Information at any time.
- Right of rectification: Visitors can update (or request updates to) Personal Information at any time.
- Right to opt-out: While ECI does not sell any Personal Information, we support the CCPA, so we want to provide you with control over how your information is collected, stored, or shared. As stated before, you have the right to opt-out of any of our email marketing communications.
- Right of erasure: You may additionally request that we erase your data. We reserve the right to keep the minimum amount of information that helps us prevent fraud.
- Right to non-discrimination: ECI will not discriminate against you by either denying you any services or providing you with a different quality of customer services for exercising your rights.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13, and we do not market to children under 13. If you are under 13 years old, please do not attempt to register for our Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us.
If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Also, if you are a parent and if you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
Your acceptance of these terms
Last updated on March 27, 2020