Front Desk/Reservations – Grand Baymen Ltd. Belize
ABOUT THE JOB:
ECI Development, Ltd. is recruiting for the position(s) of Front Desk/Reservations – Grand Baymen Ltd. Belize
About ECI Development,
ECI Development delivers affordable luxury residence and resort communities in Central America, providing our clients with various premier lifestyle options. Everything from the Caribbean to the Pacific, from the cool tropical highlands, to dry valley vineyards. ECI delivers inspired residences for adventurous souls.
The Front Desk/Reservations must be capable of executing the following duties:
- The Front Desk is the face of the hotel. Responsible to greet guests, staff and anyone who walks through the front door with a smile and willingness to assist.
- Check in Guests following proper procedures and protocols as required by Grand Baymen Gardens.
- Communicate with guests by email, WhatsApp, booking engines to book accommodations at Grand Baymen Gardens.
- Coordinate and book any activities for incoming guests, Flights, transfers, tours, golf cart rentals, dinner reservations etc. This is to be done only with authorized Service Providers.
- Learn and be proactive in knowing the services, restaurants, frequently visited places so as to be able to make excellent recommendations to guests.
- Enter all bookings into Reservations System
- Prepare and Print daily Guest arrival and departure list and distribute via WhatsApp to Maintenance, Housekeeping, Bar, Security
- Work hand in hand with both Maintenance and Housekeeping to ensure that rooms are clean and ready prior to guest arrival.
- Ensure that Rooms have been inspected and are in rentable condition prior to guest arrival.
- Ensure that after guest departure their assigned room was left in proper conditions and all items in the rooms are accounted for. Should there be anything missing or broken, guests to be charged for this to the credit card that has been kept on file upon check in.
- Make sure that all room issues are communicated to the Maintenance team and a follow up is given to make sure the problem was resolved. This is to be documented and communicated with the guest.
- Prepare enter and balance all daily sales in the Reservations system as well as enter all sales in the Daily Sales Report. Reports are to later be submitted to accounting in a daily basis.
- Collect Sales enter and prepare Daily Sales for Bar
- Collect Sales enter and prepare Daily Sales for Fitness Center
- Collect sales of beverages and snacks sold at the Front Desk
- Check all OTA sites on a daily basis: Currently using booking.com/Expedia/Airbnb/Tripadvisor/VRBO. Ensure that all bookings are entered into the reservations system and that all messages are answered in a timely basis.
- All booking/reservations requests are to be answered before 24 hours of guest request.
- Ensure that all Long-Term Tenants have updated contracts for their units and that payments are being collected and made on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all Long-Term Tenants receive their utility bills on a timely basis and that payments of these are being made accordingly.
- Ensure that all guest reservations have been fully paid prior to guest arrival.
- Ensure that follow ups are done with guests within I week after guest has departed.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by the Property Manager.
Must possess these attributes:
- Associates degree in Business, Tourism Management or related field
- Possess experience as a Front Desk is a plus
- Possess a positive and upbeat attitude at all times, and be solution-oriented, especially in the face of stressful situations.
- Display confidence and enjoyment in working with people of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds.
- Possess a pleasant and professional appearance at all times and should dress appropriately according to company policy.
- Demonstrates ethical standards.
- Ability to communicate professionally with both guest and co-workers.
- Possess moderate computer and mathematics skills.
This position reports to the Property Manager – Grand Baymen Ltd.